How do I use Portal safely with children in my home?
We recommend the following tips to make sure you're using your Portal safely and responsibly with kids in the home:
- Set a passcode to keep your screen locked when it's not in use.
- Turn on household mode.
- Choose which content ratings are offered for Watch Together.
- Turn your microphone and camera off when you aren't using your Portal, or use the included camera cover.
- Learn how to control which photos display on Portal and how to add photos that you don't want visible on Facebook.
- Control which contacts you add to favorites.
- Learn how voice controls work on Portal.
- Learn about controlling third-party apps.
You must have an active Facebook or WhatsApp account and therefore be 13 years of age or older to create a Portal profile. While Portal is designed to help families connect, it is not a children's device and shouldn't be used without parental supervision.